Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Now who out there thought that doughnuts and pastries were good for you?

Apparently the consumer group Center for Science in the Public Interest is lobbying the Federal Government to ban the use of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil(which is found in a lot of pastries, cookies, crackers and deep-fried foods). Now according to CSPI "Removing partially hydrogenated vegetable oil from the food supply could save between 11,000 and 30,000 lives each year". Now since I am a lover of all the foods that they have listed as bad, I of course have an issue with this. No one(with a brain) who eats any of the foods in their so called "bad" group really thinks it's good for them. In fact I'm pretty confident in saying most people understand that it is junk food. I am a firm believer that snacks like the ones CSPI are trying to modify pose no threat to your health if you consume them in moderation. I my self stay pretty active and I don't over due it when it comes to my strange almost scary love for blueberry filled powered sugar covered doughnuts. In fact my doctor at my last physical said I was just fine. So in closing, you can choose to believe that pastries and such are evil and will kill you like the CSPI or you can stay active and enjoy the occasional snack and in turn truly enjoy Life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it funny videos mature Paintball sitee Dodge reports bidding Model jana aron Yohimbe penis enlargement